How much intake do you need?
1. Your weight in pounds:____
2. Basic calorie needs. Multiply line 1 by 11:____
3. Physical activity. Multiply line 2 by 20% if you currently get no exercise, 30% for light exercise (2 hours a day on your feet), 40% for moderate exercise every day, or 50% for intense exercise 3 or 4 days a week:____
4. Your daily calorie needs. Add line 2 and line 3:____
5. Subtract 500 calories. This is your daily calorie intake to lose weight:____
Does that mean you need to count calories for the rest of your life? No. But you should spend a few days documenting your complete calorie intake. Not only will this teach you good eating habits, but it will help you learn what foods are good and bad when it comes to the amount of calories.
It’s all about making smart choices. Once you have gotten used to keeping an eye on your caloric intake, it’ll become second nature to know when to know when enough is enough.